Thursday, October 2, 2008

WOW....Is it really October already?????

Well, it is OCTOBER.....I can't believe it! I have really been looking forward to fall this year, I'm not really sure why....I'm sure it won't take long for me to get tired of cold weather and being cooped up in the house all the time, but for now...I am happy that it is fall! I have been wanting some chili and grilled cheese sandwiches lately! Yum! So, that is what we had today!!

We have a lot going on! Deer season starts on Oct. 15th. It is just bow season, but we will hopefully start getting some deer in! So, anyone who reads this and didn't know, we have a deer processing business!! Tell everyone that you know that hunts to bring their deer to us! Last year was our first year and we got started late getting everything going. This year we have been able to do improvements and get things done that we didn't get around to before. We are going to have a playroom this season and that will HELP SO MUCH!! I will be able to help more and the kids will have a good place to play!

Today Matthew was off and we were doing some work around the house. We are trying to get our house ready for winter. One of the things we are going to do is recycle our dryer air. Our laundry room is basically a back porch. It has windows all the way around it that are screened, then there are roll out windows that don't really keep out the "weather" (by "weather" I basically mean wind and hot/cold air). Anyway, today Matthew insulated it and we are going to fix the dryer where instead of the hot air blowing out, it will be blowing back in the house. There are different ways to do this. We are going to use the hose that normally blows the air out and run it up behind the dryer where it is easy to reach, and then we are going to attach a vacuum bag to it. We will just have to check the bag regularly for lent. It just seems like such a waste to blow all that warm air outside!!

We are getting ready for Avery's birthday!!! She will be 3 years old in 18 days!!! I can't believe that!! She is having a "Bob the Builder" party per her request!!
Well....Bob the Builder and Scoop!! Scoop is her favorite character on the show. Along with getting ready for her birthday we are trying to get their costumes together for Halloween. When I ask Avery what what she wants to be, she says, "Polly Nanny"....That is what she calls my grandmother, so.....I have decided to go with that!! I figure since Avery is going to be an old woman, and Raegan is still too young to care, it is only right to make Raegan an old man!!! I think it will turn out cute! I just have a lot to do to get all that together!

Well, I am about to go to bed!! I have been so sleepy lately! I don't know what is wrong with me!! By the way, today is Matthew's brother's birthday! Please keep him and his family in your prayers. They have recently moved to Germany! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!! WE LOVE YOU!!


~Donna K!!

4 comments:

jengallahar said...

Donna...where is your processing plant located? My husband will pass the information along to friends if you can tell me where to send them.

DonnaK said...

Jennifer,
If you happen to see this please give me your e-mail address. I have an e-mail ready for you with some info on the deer business....

jengallahar said...

jengallahar@bellsouth.net

Crystal said...

I LOVE the Halloween costume ideas! Cute! I have no clue what the boys will be. I've asked Luke several times but he just doesn't get it yet!


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy