Tuesday, October 21, 2008

PawPaw and Nanny!!

Here is a picture of us all dressed up for Halloween. Avery wanted to be my grandmother, so we went with it. Avery was "Nanny" and Raegan was "PawPaw". I was their caregiver from "Shady Acres Nursing Home and Rehab Center" (I had all that on my badge) Tonight we went to the Hallelujah Harvest at Hill Crest and that is where this picture was made. I didn't expect their costumes to be as big a hit as they were!! It was CRAZY!! People we didn't even know were asking if they could take pictures of them. I think one thing that made it SO funny is the way Avery really was using her walker and Raegan was really using her cane!! They did really good playing the parts!! I can't wait until we get to dress up again!!

You can double click on the picture to see it big. Be sure to look at how Avery has one stocking pushed down and one up. Raegan has white eyebrows and a handlebar mustache. Her hair was VERY hard to get white, but I did manage to give her a comb-over!! Also, Avery applied her own RED lipstick to get the full effect!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a DONNA KAY original. I love it.

-anna- said...

I swear, this is one of the funniest Halloween pictures I've ever seen. How did you get a wakler Avery's size? LOL =)

DonnaK said...

Hey, Anna! We just made the walker and the cane out of pvc pipe and then painted them with metallic spray paint. They really did turn out better than I thought they would!!

Unknown said...

I love it, Donna! I had already heard how cute ya'll were from mom & Kathy... You are so creative! :)

Stacey said...

those are the cutest halloween costumes i've ever seen. how cute!!! can i have some of your creativity?

Aimee said...

How cute it this? I love it. It is so funny and cute at the same time!

The Kay Family said...

this is so good...what a great idea and the three of you totally pulled it off! The girls look so cute. I hardly recognized Reagan!!


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy