Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today, is day two of the blog....I'm still with it. haha....I hope everyone is having a good week. We are, but I could handle the weather to be a few degrees warmer. My plan for this summer is to have these girls outside as much as possible! I feel like we have been cooped up in this house too long!! We are building up a our collection of outside toys!! We have our garden started and I think the cold weather may have gotten some of our corn! Avery LOVES to help in the garden and we have gotten her some of her own garden tools. Matthew is so happy that she enjoys doing stuff like that. We just hope she stays that way and that Raegan follows in her footsteps. The other day Avery and I had a conversation that went something like this:
Avery: "Momma, my ike aminals"
me: "you do?"
Avery: "yeyah" (this is pronounced "yeah" just with a VERY southern drawl)
me: " Do you like cows?"
Avery: "no"
me: "Do you like horses?"
Avery: "no"
me:"Do you like cats?"
Avery: "no"
(I went on to ask about more animals and her answer remained no)
me: "well what animals do you like?"
Avery: "just my ducks"
me: " Do you like Pepper?" (Pepper is our dog)
Avery: "yeyah"
me: "well, Pepper is an animal."
Avery: "No, Mommy, Pepper is a poodle."
me: "Yes, she is, and poodles are dogs, and dogs are animals."
Avery: "oh, ok"
me: "So, you like animals?"
Avery: "Yeyah, my ike aminals!" (as long as they are ducks and poodles apparently)

She is such a funny girl! I love the conversations we have now! Well, I am off to make lunch....

~Donna K

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you did this. Now I can see what it going on with the Kay family everyday. I love those little conversations with kids.....those are the moments I am most thankful to be a stay at home mommy!

Lisa


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy