Thursday, April 17, 2008

30 months....

Exactly 30 Months ago today I was 3 days away from becoming a mother. I had no idea what I was in for! I tried so hard to prepare myself....but, you just can't be prepared for something like that! I mean I knew that a baby takes up all of your time, but then when I had a baby, I realized exactly what ALL of your time is. ALL of it...when you are awake and the baby is asleep...when you are both awake... the rare occasion that you might doze off and then the baby wakes up! It didn't take long to realize that no matter what I was doing, or where I was, I was thinking about my baby! Does she need anything? Is she hungry? Am I not feeding her enough? Am I feeding her too much? Is she hot? Is she cold? Is her diaper dirty? Is she sick? Is she happy? Do I talk to her enough? Do I kiss her enough? And I am sure there are many other thoughts that went through my head! Then, just when I would get all those things checked, it was time to go through the list again! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being a mom, and this is not me complaining!! I am just saying it is definitely a full-time job!! 30 months ago, even though I was so close to living it, I was still oblivious to what was about to happen! After Avery was born, it was only about 18 months before I got to start the whole experience again! I can remember being worried about having two babies. I knew how much I loved Avery and I just didn't know how I was going to be able to love another baby just as much. When Raegan was born, it started all over, she was a totally different baby that I loved just the same! Just 30 months ago I would have never imagined that when Avery was 30 months old I would have another one (another one that was already a year old at that). I love to watch them play together! I love the way Avery thinks she can take care of Raegan and the way Raegan lets her. I swear Raegan thinks Avery is an adult! I don't want to rush time, but I can't wait to hear their conversations when Raegan starts really talking! I know things will only get even more interesting around this house then! It is hard to believe that just 30 months ago I had never laid eyes on my 2 little girls and today I can't even remember what I did without them. I am positive that is was alot less exciting!! They both have my heart and everyday give me reasons to love them even more!! Thank you Lord for our precious girls!!! Help us to guide them to You!

30 months seems like alot when I feel like I just brought that little girl home!! But in 3 days Avery will be 30 months old!! That is 2 1/2 years!! (I am not saying that because I think my dear blog readers can't figure that out on their own......I am simply saying it to myself, because I can't believe it!! ) My life has sure changed in that time! It makes me wonder what the next 30 months will bring.................

~Donna K

No comments:


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy