Saturday, April 19, 2008

My birthday is coming up and that is always exciting for me! I usually
count down the days, but last year I was preoccupied around this time of the
year ( I can't imagine why....oh, maybe it was that kid that I had at the
beginning of April...lol). Anyway, I have had more time to think about it this
year! I am one of those people who actually looks forward to a birthday and I
actually like to go to a restaurant and have them sing to me.....I know, I
know....it's weird, but I do like it!! This year I will be 27 and that just
seems so weird. I still feel like I should be 12. 27 seems so much older
than 26 for some reason to me, I don't know what it is. I can't believe how fast time
flies either, and every year I can't imagine it going any faster and yet it always does.
I just try to slow down and take everything in! It is like that song that Trace
Adkins sings, "You're Gonna Miss This". If anyone hasn't heard it , here are the
lyrics......

"She was starin out the window of their SUV Complainin
sayin I can't wait to turn 18 She said I'll make my own money And I'll
make my own rules Momma put the car
in park out there in front of the
school And
she kissed her head, and said 'I was just like you' You're
gonna' miss this You're gonna' want this back You're
gonna' wish these
days Hadn't gone by so
fast These are some good times So take
a good
look around You may not know
it now But you're gonna' miss this Before she
knows it she's a brand new
bride In her one bedroom apartment And
her
daddy stops by He tells her it's
a nice place She says, 'It'll do for now'
Starts
talkin' about babies, and buyin a house Daddy shakes his
head And
says baby just slow down Cuz' you're
gonna' miss this You're gonna' want
this back You're
gonna' wish these days Hadn't gone by so
fast These are
some good times So take a good look around You may not
know it now But
you're gonna' miss this Five years later there's a
plumber Workin' on the
water heater Dog's barkin', phone's ringin' One
kid's cryin' one kid's
screamin' And she keeps apologizin' He says
they don't bother me I've got
two babies of my own One's thirty- six,one's twenty- three Huh, it's hard to
believe But you're gonna' miss this You're
gonna' want this back You're
gonna' wish these days Hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take
a good look around You may not know it
now But you're
gonna' miss this

You're gonna' miss this Yeaahhhh... you're gonna' miss
this..."

I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys the nice weather! I am going to bed!! Good Night!!

~Donna K

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What day is your b-day?

Happy Birthday to you Donna Kay!!!!!I love reading this and keeping up with you.

Crystal said...

I hope you get to go somewhere yummy for your birthday!

Crystal said...

I had to comment again on this post because I heard this song today by Steven Curtis Chapman. I don't have girls but just the message of the song had me tearing up today as I watched Luke sleep in the back seat of the car!
Here is a YouTube video of it. Get your kleenex though!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4B1XM9jWiLI


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy