Monday, July 7, 2008

"Miracles Come From Heaven......Not The Hairdresser!"

I have been meaning to get on here and post this for a few days now, but haven't found the time. Last Tuesday I had the bright idea to ride with Matthew while he got his hair cut and get mine cut A LITTLE too. My cousin usually cuts mine, but it has been a WHILE and Matthew goes less than a mile down the road and that just seems SO convenient. I did struggle with the decision of letting someone that I didn't know cut my hair. Although I would not recommend this lady to anyone now, I will not mention her name, so, in my story she will be referred to as "Helen".

Helen has cut Avery and Raegan's hair once, so, I thought "no big deal, right?" .........WRONG!!!! First of all, when I sat in the chair I told her that I needed to get it cut, but that I didn't want much cut off. She turned me AWAY from the mirror and began to snip. This didn't really bother me, because I thought we had already established the fact that she was basically "trimming" my hair. I didn't think I needed to supervise.........WRONG AGAIN!! It is important that I mention that my hair is VERY thick and every time I get it cut my cousin thins it too. Well, Helen mentioned thinning it and I agreed. Maybe that is where the trouble began! We were all engaged in conversation and after a few minutes she turned me around only for me to see what NOONE wants to see when they are in THAT CHAIR!!! Believe me.....imagine the worst haircut ever and then imagine that your husband gave you that bad haircut, only with a weed eater! Seriously.....it was that bad. It was also kind of mullet-like!!! Can you imagine??? We didn't get to leave right then, because Matthew still had to get his hair cut. I can't remember exactly when I looked up at the wall to see a sign that said "Miracles come from Heaven....not the Hairdresser"...how appropriate....I took Raegan to the car and waited on Matthew to come out.I could see him laughing. I asked him how he let that happen, after all, he could see what was happening. His excuse was he didn't know what the end result was going to be. I HAD BANGS PEOPLE.......I went in with hair that was a little longer than shoulder length (all of it) , and he didn't think anything of it??? Helen did mention sometime during the scalping that she was giving me the "Egyptian haircut". I will take this time to add that I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE EGYPTIAN HAIRCUT TO ANYONE!! (unless you like mullets or haircuts from weed eaters) When Matthew got in the car I was on the verge of tears and he was laughing......he said he wasn't laughing at my hair (lie), but just that I was making him laugh by how I was describing it. He then mention that the haircut was $8....lol....We rushed home and I washed it to see if maybe it would be any better when I fixed it. It wasn't AS bad, but I still had to go get it cut again Tuesday night. I had to go to the mall and for the second time that day let a COMPLETE stranger cut my hair. She did a MUCH better job and my new haircut is actually growing on me. Matthew says that he really likes it and that the bad haircut was just a blessing in disguise. (I have been wanting to get my hair cut pretty short for a while, I just haven't had the nerve to just do it. ) Everyone I have seen says they like it.....but, most of them know the story and maybe they are just trying to make me feel better, who knows.....The whole thing is funny now, but on that day it was a NIGHTMARE!! Well, I need to go fix dinner.....
~Donna K

No comments:


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy