Wednesday, July 23, 2008

DO try this at home!!!!

There may be people who read this that have done this before, maybe I am just behind, but I tried it and it was the coolest thing EVER!! Seriously! You take a box of cornstarch and put it in a big bowl and slowly add water until you have the weirdest consistency ever (I am serious when I say slowly, because I had it pretty close to perfect and then added water again and it was kinda runny, it was still neat, but needed to be thicker. I found something that says use a 10:1 ratio of water and cornstarch). It is like a solid when you are picking it up and then by the time you open your hand it is a liquid. If you punch it, it is a solid, but if you put your hand in slowly, it is a liquid. I made it and we played with it for about an hour! I am easily amused and this is cheap entertainment! I want to buy about 5 boxes and make a BIG batch of it!! Anyway, I definitely recommend anyone with kids to do this (or any of you who are just a big kid yourself)!! I would say it is better to play with it outside, it gets pretty messy! Does anyone know of any other experiments like this??

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey I saw something like that on TV the other day. I'll have try that with my kids..Sorry I haven't called you back. I had to go to the doctor...This summer cold stuff is awful. I still want to talk. I;ll call you soon.
Lisa

Crystal said...

This reminds me of the time I attempted to make a 'mold' of Luke's feet when he was little. It did not work AT ALL.. but the consistancy of the 'mess' I made sounds exactly like what you described!

LeighAnne said...

Hey Donna. This sounds like fun. I am going to try it with the neighbors kids! I think someone may have done this as a science experiment in class when I was in elementary school, but that has been a LONG time ago!! So good to see you and thanks for the heads up on the Blueberry Ceral. I am on my way to Target to buy some!!! :)

-anna- said...

Hey-yeah I like that quote, too-so true! Gavin is RUNNING now!-I can't believe how big and fast he is..as far as any more kids go-I am in school for Surgical Tech right now so not anytime soon and I want to go to nursing school when Gavin goes to Kindergarden. We can't afford anymore!-We are so broke. LOL-but I definitely want more in the FUTURE. <3 babies :) We should hang out sometime. My schedule's kinda hectic w/ work and school but we can find time. Have a good week and kiss your girls for me. TTYL


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy