Monday, July 21, 2008

Avery and her "People".... Raegan and the Potty!


ok...so, throughout my days I usually have something happen that is totally blog-worthy and then for whatever reason I don't get around to getting it on here. I am going to try to do better!

I have recently discovered the photo books at CVS. Everyone that reads this may already know what I am talking about, but incase you don't.....They have these neat books that you upload pictures on their machine and pick out what you want your theme to be and then the book prints out. They have different sizes. The one I got was an 8x10. Each page(there are 10 pages) had around 4 pictures on it and you could make some of them bigger or some smaller....really it is however you want it. It was only $15!!! I really liked the way it turned out. I plan on making alot more!

In some kid news Avery has really started with the imaginary friends (sometimes relatives) these days! When we went to Raegan's dr. appt. the other day Avery found a little girl. Her name is Kitty Cat. At first when she was saying that I thought it was a cat. But she was quick to correct me and tell me that she is a girl. She has told me that Kitty Cat rides around on a cat. I have NO idea where she comes up with these things! I just LOVE it though! The other day she said Kitty Cat was outside, but she had Matthew's mother, his grandaddy, his brother and his brother's wife, and all of their kids with her. ( She also still has her 3 chickens, 3 ducks, and 3 turtles that she has had for a while now) That is 8 people (9 when she has Kitty Cat too!) that I have to feed, bathe, and care for along with Avery and Raegan!! It can be challenging! Especially when Avery and Raegan are the only ones I can see!! Avery will tell me where somebody is and ask me to pick them up, and then when I do, she will tell me, "No, she's over here." hahaha....I have to get everyone a blanket at nap time, or fix everyone a drink and a plate when we eat. (luckily all their stuff is imaginary too!! So, I don't REALLY make them a plate or anything.....that would be CRAZY!! I just pretend to do all that stuff...wait, is that crazy too?) I just never imagined that she would have so many "people" (that is what she calls them..."my people"), and that she would really have conversations with them and she would pay attention to EVERY detail! When she gets books out for everyone.....she really has a book for EACH person. She takes the time to pick out a specific book that she thinks that person would like. It is funny, because for Matthew's brother and Matthew's grandaddy she will have the biggest books she owns. I guess she thinks men like BIG books.

Raegan is starting to get the whole concept of the potty. She is not even 16 months old yet, and I am by no means making her use the potty!!! I didn't want anyone to think that! She just started hiding when she was pooping and showing signs of interest in the whole process. So, I got the little potty out to let her become familiar with it. She has used it a few times! This morning she actually peepeed and pooped in it!!! YAY!!! ok, ok.....I know that is enough talk about stuff like that!

Anyway, that has just been some things that are happening in our lives lately.....I just wanted to share! Oh yeah, and our beach trip is getting closer!!! 32 days.....that is one month from tomorrow!! I can't wait!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!

~Donna K

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Those photo books sound neat I'll have to check it out. How did it go on Wed.?? We've been thinking about y'all.

Crystal said...

I had imaginary friends when I was little!! They say kids with a vivid imagination are very smart! (I mean look how I turned out! haha!) Good for Raegan on the potty! Luke won't go near the thing but I'm not even concerned.. I have other things to think about right now.. like having a baby in a month!!!!


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy