Thursday, June 5, 2008

Is 2 years too young for chores????

My little helper has taken it upon herself to potty train her sister. I heard a familiar sound earlier today and asked Avery what it was. She said , "Radey is peepeeing." Raegan has a habit of taking her diaper off, so, I figured when I got to her and she was bare bottomed that she had done it herself. I said, "Raegan, why will you not leave your diaper on?" Avery said, "No, I took her diaper off." When I asked her why she said , "so she can peepee in the potty." I looked and the lid to Raegan's little potty was open. I asked Avery, "Well, did she peepee in the potty?" She said, "No, her just peepeed in the floor." It would be nice if Avery really could just handle all that potty training Raegan for me!! Which brings up my next subject. Is Avery too young to have chores? hahaha......I mean the girl helps me do EVERYTHING! She puts the silverware up when I am unloading the dishwasher. (she is so careful and she makes sure everything is in its place! note: she doesn't handle the sharp knives...if anyone was wondering) She helps me with laundry...including loading/unloading the washer, loading/unloading the dryer, folding things (which she does really well), hanging things on hangers, and putting things away! She feeds her fish and her cats. I just hope she stays driven to do those things! I hope her little sister picks up on her good habits!
Raegan has learned how to open the baby gates now! So, I have to get them VERY tight so she can't take them down! Avery had started doing that, but I finally got her to only take them down if I tell her she can. She has done good with that. Like I said before, Raegan has started taking her diaper off all the time, and it is so funny because she tries to put it back on. She practically stands on her head to get it lined up and then sits down on it. When she can't get it how she wants it she gets mad and starts over. She sits there forever doing that. It is VERY entertaining. Until next time.....

Donna K

****I also want to add a prayer request for a girl's family that goes to church with us. Her name is Jessica Reaves and she had an infection that put her in the hospital last week. The infection spread and she was unresponsive. They did surgery but found no brain activity after that. The decision was made to turn off the machine on Monday and as of today she hasn't passed away. She started breathing on her on and they said that could slow down her passing. Please pray for her family to have the peace of God to make it through this terrible time. Jessica turned 29 at the beginning of May and has been in a wheelchair from my understanding her whole life due to a problem at birth. I just know that soon she will be running and dancing in Heaven in the presence of Jesus (if she isn't already). Please just remember her family in your prayers. Her sister had a baby on May 25th just a few days before she went into the hospital. I can't imagine the roller coaster of emotions they must be feeling. ****

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way is it too young for my baby girl to do chores!!! She gets to be Mommy's little helper!!! Much fun!! Give my babies a big kiss from me!!!

Crystal said...

I'm jealous that Avery does chores so well! Haha! Luke is not as precise as Avery is. I did attempt to teach him how to fold wash cloths last week.. hahaha! He will help me load dirty clothes into the washer but I have to be careful because other things will end up in there!!
Ant that is hilarious that she's trying to potty train Raegan!
(I'm saying a prayer now for the Reaves)


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy