Monday, June 16, 2008

"Wires are Dange-us!!"

Avery spent the night at my sister's house Saturday night and last night when we were on our way home we saw smoke coming from behind some trees. She said "Those people better be chare-sul. We better get away som that wire. Wires are dange-us." I agreed and I thought she was changing the subject because then she said, " Aunt Wassy panked me." I said, "Well, what did you do to get spanked?" She said, "My just went outside and made a itty bitty tidy wire." (like the fire being "tiny" made it so much safer!) I said "You did?" She said, "Yeah, and I was worried about it, and I got ant bites, and Aunt Wassy panked me." (that statement cracked me up, the way she said that.....it was like she was telling me that she was really paying attention to her fire, and she even got ant bites and she STILL got a spanking!!) I was telling her that fires are dangerous and that she shouldn't be anywhere near a fire. But out of curiosity I asked her how she made the fire. She told me she used "nakes and tees" (snakes and trees) For some reason she calls sticks of wood snakes.....I have no idea why, but she has always called them that. I asked her a little later, "Now tell me again about that fire you made" She said, "I don't want to talk about that. " Later when I was trying to get her to tell Matthew about it, she told us she was just being silly in the car. I guess she was tired of talking about it and was letting me know that it wasn't true. She cracks me up with some of the things she comes up with now. She really has quite an imagination! She really thinks she is all grown up too!

I had to take Raegan to the doctor again for more mosquito bites. She is just too darn sweet for her own good!! Poor little thing. This time she got bitten inside the house I guess. The places are getting better now. I am just having to keep repellent on her all the time. I am using that Avon Skin So Soft bug repellent. It is supposed to be milder and you can apply it up to 9 times a day. So far, it is doing pretty good. I just hope it keeps working!

Please keep the Reaves family in your prayers.....I mentioned them in a previous post. Jessica went home to be with the Lord on Friday. Her funeral is today at 2. I just pray that God will wrap them up in His arms and carry them through this time!!

I need to go do some cleaning!! I hope everyone has a GREAT day!!
~Donna K

1 comment:

Crystal said...

What a cute story! They say some of the funniest things!! I thought about yall yesterday. I remember you telling me about all of Avery's questions! Well, Luke has started with, "What's that?"!! That's his new thing.. while driving to get my sister at the airport, Luke and I were looking at a picture book. I can't tell you how many times he asked me, "what's that?"... even if he knew what it was! So funny!


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy