Tuesday, March 31, 2009

No good name for this one....I am just glad I got around to blogging!!

Sometimes I wonder just how old Avery is with some of the things that come out of her mouth!! I was telling her not to do something the other day (it was something that she could get hurt doing, I might add) and she ran to her room yelling, "You don't let me do ANYTHING!!"

Raegan's birthday is Saturday and she will be 2. So far she has pretty much refused to say "2" when you ask her. She is the world's best at ignoring!!! Anyway, Sunday night when we were pulling out of the parking lot leaving church, I turned around and asked her (like I do hundreds of times a day, I'm sure....probably why she ignores me....) "How old are you going to be, Raegan?" She rolled her eyes up and said..."ummmmmm.....thirty." I don't know why she would say thirty or how she even knows thirty is an age. hahaha......So, now when you ask her how old she is of course, because of the laughter it causes she says "30". We were trying to get her to say "30" to my uncle the other night and when he asked her she held her fingers up and said, "2".....She's a MESS!! She also says her name is Avery. She has not and will not say Raegan. So, apparently for now I have two Avery's.

Avery has always loved to cook. That is definitely one of her things! The other night she made her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich from start to finish!! (I know that is not "cooking" exactly, but come on now....that is pretty good!) She was so proud, you could just see her beaming. Of course Raegan made one with a little assistance.

Today I am 26 weeks. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going. I know I say that everytime I say how far along I am, but I mean it every time!! It is FLYING!! Tomorrow is APRIL people....APRIL....how did that happen? It was just Christmas and New Years and now we are less than 2 weeks from Easter!! My goodness. The baby is growing, therefore so am I!! I have started feeling the baby when he/she hiccups which is really cute and sweet...the first hundred times. I really do enjoy feeling that though, because if I go any amount of time not feeling something I start trying to poke around to get the baby to move.

I have a question for everybody. Have you ever made Amish friendship bread (it is really more like cake...it is SO good)? It is the bread that you get a ziploc bag with the "starter kit" in it and you knead it for a few days and then you add some stuff, and then you knead it a few more days and then on day 10 you bake the bread and you end up with 3 "starter kits" to give to friends.......although, I think it is one of those things that people don't really enjoy getting, because once you get it it never really goes away...hahaha. My friend Pam has been doing it for a couple of rounds now and I finally gave in and took some. Friday is my bake day and if anyone close to me is someone who really likes to make it, or would like to give it a try, please let me know!! I will get it to you!! It isn't so much that it is a hard process making it.....it is really easy. It is the finding someone to take it that causes problems! Because then you (or I) have a hard time throwing it away and it just multiplies!! I just thought I would get the word out in "blogger world" just in case there are any takers....I think the "friendship" part comes in by who takes it!! Someone is really your friend when they take one off your hands!! hahaha.....

2 comments:

LeighAnne said...

Hey girl! It was so good to catch-up with you via the blog! :) Your kids are so cute! My best friend and her mom do the amish friendship bread thing and I agree that it is so yummy. Unfortunately, I do not bake very much. My lifestyle isn't really conducive to it right now! :) I hope you find some takers! I know, I can't believe it is April either. Where has the year gone! :)

Crystal said...

I hope Raegan had a great birthday party!

I've never made friendship bread, what does it have in it? I'm not even sure I could eat it!


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy