Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh, these kids..........

~Avery wrote a song the other day.......

She said it was called....of all things....."What the heck?" I have no idea why she would write a song with that name. She got her microphone and began singing it with her "band from the church".....again....I don't know......It went something like this....."What the heck, what the heck? WHAT THE HECK????" It was a really proud moment for me. Matthew told her she needed to write that down so she wouldn't forget it. So, she did. She got a piece of paper and a pen and began writing. She told us it was going to take her 8 hours to write it all down. (A lot of writing for saying the same thing over and over again!!)



~Avery was coloring and said:

"God is in my heart keeping it beeping so I can color. God wants me to color. "

Then she paused and turned to me and said......

"........and He wants me to play with scissors."




~I came in the dining room the other day and had one of those moments when you don't even want to breathe let alone scream the scream that is building up inside! Raegan was balancing on the BACK of one of our dining room chairs. She was sitting on it and her little legs were tucked so tight to hold her up. I don't know HOW she got up there, or HOW IN THE WORLD it didn't fall over!!! She was saying (ever so calmly, I might add) "Help, help." I just floated over there and grabbed her, I was afraid any wrong move would be disastrous!!



~I walked into the kitchen yesterday and found Raegan squatting over the dog's water bowl. I knew exactly what was happening, but asked anyway. "What are you doing??" She just looked at me and said, "Peepee"................poor Pepper!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They say the funniest things don't they!?! And I can't imagine Raegan being on a chair like that! I bet that scared you to death! I'm afraid Eli might be a climber. He wants to jump out of my arms even now!

katerri krebs said...

Oh I have tears from this post! Those girls are the best!!

Lisa said...

Cute cute girls!! I love the song...where do they learn this stuff. I always wonder where they get these new words!

Jennifer said...

Hi Donna -- your girls are ADORABLE & I love the song!! Thanks for stopping by my blog -- it's led me to yours :-) I'm glad I'm not alone with the belly-bumping-business! It's quite embarrassing at times, but nice to know I'm not the only one!


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy