Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Somebody hide the brownies", "It is almost THAT time", and a Saturday adventure at a local department store.....

Lately I want brownies....lots and lots of brownies!! Usually we don't keep many sweets in the house because, well.... if you don't have them....you don't eat them, right?? I have found that to be a pretty good way to keep us from eating so much junk food by just not buying it. Makes pretty good sense, huh? Anyway, lately I find that every time we are at a grocery store somehow a box of chewy fudge brownies makes it's way into our cart and then magically a nice batch of brownies appear cooling on my stove top. When that happens I am like a crazy woman who can't get enough!! Currently we are out of brownies and I find myself looking for an excuse to go to the store (that actually means "send Matthew to the store") for something else and ask him "while he is there anyway" to pick up a box of brownies........and that is as if I didn't just finish off the last brownie right before I started typing this post!! *sigh* I can hold off.....atleast until tomorrow, right? (we'll see....)

I feel like something has happened in the last few days. It has really gotten harder for me to walk without that "pregnancy waddle"! I can't sit straight up because my belly is too big and my legs start pushing into it. I have ALOT of pelvic pressure too!! I still have six weeks left of this pregnancy and I don't think the baby would drop that early and I think only your first baby drops weeks before labor ( I know there are exceptions to that rule!). I don't know what happened, but something did!! I even had a man comment to me today that I "look miserable" .......I smiled and politely said "thanks"....ok, that word politely should probably be replaced with sarcastically, but anywho.......

My sister and I got the bright idea to go to Old Navy for the "one day $1 flip flop sale"....actually it was my idea and I asked her to go with me.....Ok, let me start from the beginning....I thought this was going to be a run-in-get-the-goods-check-out-run-out kind of operation! We did plan on getting there when they opened, but only because I thought through out the day they would run out of my size.....I HAD NO IDEA that it was a get there 2 hours before the store opens kind of sale!! (I think this is a good time to mention that the REGULAR price of the flippin' flip flops is $2.50/pair when you buy 2 or more.....) Anyway, I am SO glad she went, because we got there at about 9:15 and the line to check-out was already to the back of the store and the flip flops were nearly ALL GONE!!!! It was CRAZY!! I did manage to get my sister and myself one pair each of flip flops in our size (nevermind that I had to pick them up from a puddle of coke that someone had spilled on the floor!!!) They had a few colors left in Avery's size too. We scraped up what little merchandise we felt like we couldn't live without and headed for the check-out line that by that time was not only to the back of the store, but wrapped around to the other side! We were probably in line for a good hour and a half!! Avery and Raegan were with us during this whole ordeal and they are kinda like their mama when it comes to crowds....We aren't too fond of them. So, needless to say, they both wanted to be held the whole time (which in all honesty, I am pretty sure I would rather stand there tired from holding my kid than have to worry about them running off and getting into everything if they were down on the floor) I would have never been able to make it through if my sister hadn't been there....not to mention that we had two bathroom visits while we were in line and if she hadn't been there I probably would have lost my place. We found out when we were about 3 people from the register that it was a 5 pair per person maximum(seems kinda low to me), which we didn't have anyway, but, I was glad I didn't hold 20 pairs of flip flops in my arms for over an hour just to get up there and only be able to purchase 5. (I don't think they were holding people to that number though because there were people with ARMLOADS when we first got there....Apparently they didn't know about the 5 pair max. either) So, I guess I will be going back in a few days (when they restock) and spend FULL PRICE for me some fip flops........oh well.....

Oooh, I just found out..... on Old Navy's website you can get flip flops for $1.65 a pair.....hmmmm......I may go that route!!!

4 comments:

LeighAnne said...

brownies sound yummy....you are making me hungry and ruining my diet willpower! :) Ha, Just Kidding.

Crazy about the flip flops, I heard that the line at Gadsden's Old Navy was wrapped around the building. Don't think I love flip flops that much!! :)

Crystal said...

I could eat brownies everyday too... but I'm not pregnant!! The lady and son's brownie recipe is SOO good... and I can have it because it doesn't contain milk.. I might just have to make some today!

Christy said...

Hey Donna! I love your blog... you are too funny. We have been thinking about you & Matt a lot lately and just want you to know that we love you! I hope you are doing well and that you will have the baby a little early! :)

jengallahar said...

Just thought I'd tell you that I am your 3000th vistor to your blog! :D


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy