Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Praise God!!

I had decided a few days ago that no matter what happened today at the doctor. I was going to title this post "PRAISE GOD!" Whether I had a healthy baby thriving inside me or my little bean had not survived (or any case in between), I was going to praise God!! I knew that if my baby was not alive inside me he or she was in the presence of Jesus....what an incredible thought!! And no matter what is going on in there, God always deserves my praise!!

When I went to the doctor today I was pretty nervous! I didn't even want to look at the screen when the sonogram started!! Somehow I managed. I could tell that things were progressing because last time we couldn't see the baby yet at all. I saw my little butter bean first and then I saw the heartbeat!!! I was SO relieved! The blood clot remains an issue, but hasn't grown any since my last visit. It measured a tiny bit bigger, but that could be from other things like difference of measurements, or if it moved or shifted in any way. The doctor didn't seem worried about it at all. We will just have to keep praying about it!!

When I went on the 7th I was measuring 4 wks and 4 days (6 days off of the original due date). Today I was measuring 7 wks and 6 days, which is more lined up with the original due date (only off by 2 days)....So, I got to keep my original due date of July 7th! This is a big deal in "pregnancy world"!! Six days difference is an eternity if you are going backward!!! I would welcome moving up six days in a heart beat, but please don't move me back even one day!!! haha.....

So, today I am 8 wks and 1 day pregnant! I feel like I can finally relax in this pregnancy! I still know that I am not immune to miscarriages and things may still happen! I also know that God IS in control and He will see me through! Thank you to everyone for praying! Please continue to pray for God's will to be done in my growing baby's life!

5 comments:

-anna- said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is ok for now. I think it's great how you are just giving this whole thing to God no matter what. You're such an encouragement =) Keep us posted, I know you will!

Rodney H. Kay said...

Donna;

Thanks for the update. We will certainly keep you lifted up and in our prayers! The most joyous blessings to you and Matthew!

The Kay Family said...

Yay, praise god!

Loretta said...

You are still a strong woman. Thank you for looking me up. I will stayed to your blogger and attempt to keep my up-to-date.

Best wishes.

Loretta said...

ummm.... I meant to say "I will stay tuned to your blogger.." :)

Take care. Talk soon.


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy