Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A New Post!!!

I know it is sad that all my posts seem to start with an apology for my lack of posting.....but oh well....I just can't get around to it these days! So, for those of you who still happen to stop by, here's a rundown on what's going on with the Kays!

Matthew~ He became general manager over both co-ops in St. Clair County. He is still located at Pell City, but is now over both stores. I am SO proud of him!
~ He discovered he had a ruptured disc in his back and had a great deal of pain. He tried to avoid surgery, and had an epidural on the Thurs. before Labor Day. We went with some friends to the beach that weekend ( had a blast!!) and Matthew was feeling a lot better. We got home on Monday (Labor Day) and he started having really bad pain. By Tuesday it was unbearable, but he was somehow bearing it. We were suppose to take him to the doctor Wed. morning, but he was to the point that he could not move and I knew I couldn't get him in the car. (Even if I could have I don't think he could have handled the ride there!!) So, we had to call an ambulance! It was awful and I NEVER want to see ANYONE go through that kind of pain again! Anyway, after seeing his doctor the decision was made that he needed surgery as soon as they could get him in. That ended up being the next Monday (thank goodness for percocet). Everything went well with the surgery, the disc was shattered and that is why he was have such extreme pain. He has felt so much better and hopefully will continue to feel good!!

Avery~ She is in Awana Cubbies at church. She LOVES it! We go over a couple of verses a week and then she has to recite them for her teacher. When she says them for her teacher she earns patches to put on her Cubbies vest! She usually learns 2-3 verses a week. This is my first experience with Awana. She really enjoys it. I told her that by memorizing these verses she is hiding God's Word in her heart. There are times throughout the day when she will bring up verses she has learned and she really enjoys talking about them and what they mean.
~She is 2 weeks away from being 4 years old! She acts so grown-y!! She wants a princess birthday party and after going back and forth with what kind of "princess party" (I know.....I know...) She told me "I changed my mind again....." and has finally decided on a "Disney Princess" party. At first she wanted dragons, and princesses, and princes and castles.....Now she just wants Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella, and Snow White, and Ariel.....you know. I'll be honest and tell you that I am kinda glad. It is easier on me to do a theme that you can go to the store and everything has already been made....is that bad of me??

Raegan~She is officially 2 1/2 yrs old! On the 4th she was 2 yrs 6 months old!!
~ She had her first boo boo that required stitches the weekend before Matthew had his surgery. Aunt Franci and Dooby just so happened to be going to the beach that weekend and they offered to take Avery and Raegan (at the time we didn't know when Matthew would be having surgery). Keep in mind they have never been away with anyone before. They spend the night with them all the time, but I always see them the next day. They were leaving on Thurs. morning and we decided for them to go with them Wed. evening. It was a lot for me to take in in a VERY short time! (Especially after the day we had...with the ambulance and all!) I knew that they would have more fun with them than sitting around with us. They left Thurs. morning as planned and that evening I got the call.......They were taking Raegan to the ER because she had fallen and busted her chin. I handled the situation really well as far as Raegan goes. Bless her heart, I do hate that it happened, but the poor girl is so accident prone, I knew it was only a matter of time. I did feel bad for Franci and Jerry though!! I just wish it hadn't happened when they had her. I hate that she had to go through holding Raegan down while she got the stitches (4 of them) and all!! Raegan never acted like her chin was even sore after that.

Chayse~ She is growing!! Last Wednesday she weighed 12 lbs 11 oz. She is still so small, but that is double what she was when she was born!! And if you consider that she got down to 5lbs 10 oz. , she has gained 7 pounds! She is almost 15 weeks old now. I still hold her most of the time!! Why not?? I did buy something called a Sleepy Wrap and I highly recommend it!! It is a type of baby carrier that you are actually wearing the baby! I love it and Chayse does too! I can wear her all day long and it doesn't hurt my back and I have both hands free to do other stuff! It can be used from preemies to 50lbs!!

Me~ I can tell you what I haven't been doing and that is blogging! I have been taking care of these girls! They keep me busy. I love it though! I just can't think of anything about me other than that.....

I wanted to add that I registered to win FREE groceries and you can too!! Just follow this link to register:
http://www.itpaystoeatpasta.com/ip.cfm?u=82CC4A33-27CF-4E48-9569-D7333DE10320

Maybe it won't be SO long until my next post, but I'm not making any promises!

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats on the new position for Matthew! I hope that he is recovering well from his surgery! So glad that your girls are doing well!

S. B. said...

I read over your blog, and I found it very interesting, you my enjoy my blog as well. So please Click Here to Read My Blog

hapi said...

Hi DonnaK, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Bailey said...

One called "Bu Jiaer" was the passenger in the Russian Volga Republic of Tatarstan sinking time of the incident, "Bu Jiaer" was a total of 185 passenger ships. burberry outlet online According to Itar-Tass reported, six people have been killed in the shipwreck, 79 people were rescued, a hundred people still unaccounted for, Burberry Shoulder handbags and the possibility of finding more survivors slim. The cause of the accident is unclear.

Anonymous said...

poshlondon.bologspot.com

fashion news said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. You blog if very informative and inspiring. I shall bookmark it and read it latter. If you could visit back, I will appreciate it.
funkycelebs

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.
I will bookmark it and regularly read it. Waiting for new article.
few blogs i like most :
http://sms4sure.blogspot.com
http://go4sarkarijobs.blogspot.in/

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog.
I will bookmark it and regularly read it. Waiting for new article.
few blogs i like most :
http://sms4sure.blogspot.com
http://go4sarkarijobs.blogspot.in/


We are the Kays!

Baby #3

pregnancy